This Indicator is written to make KDE Connect usable in Ubuntu and Pantheon DE. It's started as an AppIndicator but later i add a binary file to send file and URL easily through KDE Connect.
|It even have different icon for tablet and phone!|
- Indicator in the panel which show your devices, with its name, status, and battery.
- menu to request for pairing and unpairing
- menu to start sftp and open file browser
- small program,
kdeconnect-sendto help sending file and choosing device
- a .contractor file, so you can send file from any of elementary OS's applications
|You can share your file from File Manager, Music, Photos, Calendar and Scratch|
How to InstallFor Ubuntu 14.04 and up
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:vikoadi/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kdeconnect indicator-kdeconnect
then run KDE Connect Indicator applications.
Connect your phone and desktop via tether or router then install kdeconnect application in your Android Phone.
Open your kdeconnect application in your android, a new square indicator should show up in your panel. You can start request pair from indicator.
LimitationCurrently this is have some limitation:
- As Ubuntu and Pantheon notification doesn't (yet) support applying or rejecting pair request, you can only request to pair from desktop.
- Will work better in KDE Connect 0.7.1 and up
Usage SuggestionsTo make life better you can try to apply this:
- add KDE Connect Indicator to your startup applications, on your System Setting
- for Nautilus or Thunar user, create a Nautilus-actions or Thunar-actions entry with
kdeconnect-send %fas command